This course will provide learners with a foundation of environmental and sustainability knowledge to build on. Covering a wide range of environmental, sustainability and governance principles, this course will give learners an understanding of the breadth of the sustainability agenda, and the management tools and skills that they will need when working within this area.
For those starting a career in environmental management who want a solid foundation in environmental and sustainability expertise to build upon.
- Gives learners a solid foundation in environment and sustainability with which to build their knowledge on.
- Covers a wide range of environment and sustainability principles.
- On completion the learner becomes eligible for Associate membership, giving them the AIEMA suffix and the benefits of IEMA membership.
- Solid Foundation
- Broad Scope
- IEMA Membership
Once completed, a learner on this course will be able to:
- Outline the implications of global trends for the environment, for society, for the economy and for organisations
- Outline sustainable business/governance principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Outline environmental principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Outline major policy and legislation and their implications for organisations, products and services
- Outline major tools, techniques, systems and practices used to improve sustainability performance
- Outline the role of innovation and other leading practices in developing sustainable products and services and providing sustainable solutions
- Collect data, perform analysis, and evaluate information
- Research and plan to provide sustainable solutions
- Deliver effective communication and capture feedback
- Engage with stakeholders
- Outline tools and techniques that identify opportunities and risks
- Identify and propose ways to improve performance
- Support change and transformation to improve sustainability