This course will give learners detailed knowledge of environment and sustainability, and the ability to apply environmental management/assessment tools and skills that are needed to be an effective environment/sustainability practitioner.
Develop your competence and career as an Environmental & Sustainability Practitioner that will lead to improvements in your environmental performance as well as drive positive change.
- Four modules covering a range of topics from fundamental principles of environment and sustainability all the way to Environmental Management Systems, other assessment tools and key Practitioner skills.
- Upon successful completion learners can gain Practitioner membership of IEMA, giving them access to the PIEMA suffix and all membership benefits.
- Four Modules
- Practitioner Skills
- PIEMA Suffix
Over the course of three modules a learner on this course will be able to:
- Explain the implications of global trends for the environment, for society, for the economy and for organisations and the role of an Environment/Sustainability practitioner in overcoming these challenges
- Explain sustainable business/governance models, their underlying principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Explain environmental principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Explain major policy and legislation and their implications for organisations, products and services
- Explain major and relevant tools, techniques, systems and practices, their application and how they can be used to develop sustainable products and services and improve sustainability performance
- Explain the role of innovation and other leading practices in developing sustainable products and services and providing sustainable solutions
- Collect and critically analyse data, and report information that informs decision making
- Identify problems and assess opportunities that deliver innovative and sustainable products and services
- Determine, implement and measure methods of effective communication
- Identify and engage in two-way communication with stakeholders
- Apply or implement tools, techniques, systems and practices that identify opportunities and risks.
- Deliver projects and programmes that achieve performance improvement
- Implement change and transformation